Nowadays TV plays a more and more important role in our daily life. We can either enjoying dramatic, action-filled events or using TV as the obbligato part of home theater. Watching movies/TV shows on TV becomes the common way to relax ourselves. Samsung, the most famous TV manufacture, devoted itself to offer users the smartest, brightest, and most colorful TVs.
Reason for MP4 won’t Play on Samsung TV
Actually, although MP4 is listed as Samsung TV supported video format on Samsung official website, you should know that MP4 is a container format which contains various kinds of video/audio codecs, subtitles and still images, and Samsung TV only supports playing MP4 in H.264/MPEG-4 AVC video codec and AAC audio codec.Other MP4 files are refused to play due to the the unsupported video or audio codec. Also, if you own the Samsung 4K TV, you should know thatMP4 files in H.265 and VP9 codec are also supported.
Except the main reason metioned above, the following reason may also cause MP4 failed to play on Samsung TV:
- Unsuitable MP4 video resolution, frame rate, bitrates and etc;
- USB/digital camera devices may not be compatible with the Samsung TV;
- The bad network connection when watching online MP4 video.
How to Solve Samsung TV Won’t Play MP4?
After you checking out all the affect factors beside Codec issue but only to find that MP4 files still won’t smoothly play on Samsung 4K, 3D, LED or LCD TV, turn to a third party software to transcode MP4 files to Samsung TV most compatible playback format. The highest rated Pavtube Video Converter(Win/Mac)can be a great choice for you. (Review)
Reasons that you choose Pavtube Video Converter:
- Convert any MP4 files to Samsung TV more popular video formats to solve Samsung TV won’t play MP4 issue;
- Convert MP4 to Samsing TV supported formats with up to 6X faster in converting speed and lossless output video quality;
- Optimize movie or music before play them on Samsung TV in the following aspects: join many files into a bigger one, cut a large file to a smaller one, crop, add/extract/remove subtitles, rotate video, split by chapter, add watermark/music/effect, change volume/aspect ratio/bitrate, compress video and audio and so on;
- High level of compatibility with all 200+ video formats and the latest operating system including Windows 10 and Mac Yosemite.
The process is very simple, please follow the guide below to solve your problem.
Free Download or Purchase Pavtube Video Converter:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
– Amazon Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-75734821.html
How to Convert any kinds of MP4 to Samsung TV supported formats?
Step 1: Load MP4 files
Launch Pavtube Video Converter. You can either click “Add video” button to choose MP4 video files from your hard drive for converting or directly drag the movies you want to convert to the left item bar. To save your time, you can add multiple files for converting at a time since batch conversion is well supported.
1.you can just click on the “Merge into one file” box if you wanna combine several video files into single one file.
2. If you want to cut some large video files to several parts, just click on the “Split selected task” icon.
Step 2: Transcode MP4 to Samsung TV friendly format
You can get the information about the video format supported in the former partin this article. In general, MP4 is a well-accepted file format for its ability to save memory storage and keep up the video quality.
1. If you have the 3D Samsung TV, you can select “MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video(*.mp4)” or “MKV Side-by-Side 3D Video(*.mkv)” under 3D Video for easy playback 3D movies on Samsung 3D TV.
2. If you have the 4K Samsung TV, you can select the H.265 HD video(.mp4) from “HD video”.
Step 3: Advanced Video, Audio Settings(optional)
You may get some trouble with the default settings, click the “Settings” button to set MP4 files by yourself including video resolution, bit rate, audio sample rate, audio channel etc. for full screen playback smoothly. Remember, do not convert your original MP4 files into high qualities, or it may cause the picture distortion. For example, if your original files size is 720*480, you cannot set it to 1280*720.
Step 4: Start MP4 to Samsung TV conversion
Tap the “Start conversion” button at the bottom right corner on the main interface to start transcoding MP4 for Samsung TV. The process will be finished soon. After the conversion, you can easily find the encoded MP4 video clips in the destination folder by clicking “Open” button for playing.
Note: Know more specific operating steps of using this Pavtube Video Converter here.
More features about Pavtube Video Converter :
Convert other video formats to Samsung TV like AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV, FLV, ASF, XMV, DivX, Xvid, RM, RMVB, M4V, QT, DAT, 720p/1080p AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, M2T, TS, TOD, MOD, TP, Apple ProRes, R3D, Fraps video, BIK, Flip movies, AMV, TRP, SMV etc to Samsung TV compatible formats for playback;
Convert various kinds of audio files to Samsung TV like OPUS, Vorbis, AAC, AC3, DTS, ALAC, XWM, 3GA, M4A, M4B, MKA, RA, RAM, APE, AU, AUD, AIFF, AIFC, CAF, MPC, QCP, VOC, VOX, GSM, etc to enjoy these music on Samsung TV;
Now you may get the video you want, if you have problems in how to connect and stream MP4 movies or TV shows to Samsung LED/LCD/4K/3D TV, here are some suggestions.
Tips for Stream MP4 to Samsung TV via USB, Wireless or DLNA?
Method 1: Import MP4 Movies to Samsung TV via USB
Find the USB port on your Samsung TV, then insert the USB in the right port and then play the MP4 format video on your Samsung TV.
Method 2: Stream MP4 Movies to Samsung TV through Wireless
Connect your WiFi to your PC and then with the Samsung TV without the use of cables. A wireless PC to Samsung TV conversion box would be needed to do that. It will help the content from the internet to the PC.
Method 3: Play MP4 Files on Samsung TV over DLNA
First, please check whether your Samsung TV is DLNA certified and supported or not .If you have DLNA server like Plex, Serviio, Twonky, and etc, lunch Windows Media Player on Windows PC and click the icon “Stream” and then point to “Turn on home media streaming”. you’ll find the “Media streaming options” page, go for “Turn on media streaming” button. Type the administrator password or provide the confirmation if necessary. Then Click the video you want to stream to the DLNA-compatible TV, and right-click the selected video to point to “Play to” option for streaming.
- Enjoy YouTube Video on Samsung TV
- How to Play ISO files on Samsung Smart TV from USB or NAS?
- Download and Play 3D movies on Samsung 3D TV
- Playback H.265/HEVC Videos on LG/Samsung/Philip TV
- Why Does My Samsung Smart TV H6400 not play .mkv files? Solved!
- Solved – Can’t Play AVI on Samsung TV Via USB Port?