According to some forums, we found many Samsung TV users complained Why Can’t view the AVI files on Samsung TV via USB even though AVI is in the supported format list of Samsung TV? Just take it easy, that happens and as common, not only to you. Like MKV, AVI is also an video container that can be encoded in various ways and your Samsung TV just won’t be able to recognize all of them. Well, it’s hard to find the right codecs and install them accordingly. So, it’s better to try out the easier and quicker way – encode AVI to Samsung TV more supported files like a MP4 wrapper.
Different Samsung TVs have different demand on AVI. Some can play DivX AVI while some only can stream XivD AVI files. Some can play AVI via USB port while some support to stream AVI files over DLNA. It seems to be a probability event. If you are a lucky man, you can play AVI files on Samsung TV without any hassle. You can’t play some AVI files on your Samsung TV with your bad luck. Transcoding AVI to H.264 MP4 can avoid any AVI playabck issue on Samsung TV.
As above mentioned, to play AVI files on Samsung TV, you’d better convert AVI to the best compatible format for Samsung TV, so that you can avoid video playback issue. Here we recommend PavtubeVideo Converter Ultimate to complete the AVI to Samsung TV conversion task. This program spells simplicity, efficiency and quality. It can convert all kinds of AVI, MP4, MKV, MOV, VOB, FLV, WMV, TS files, YouTube videos, even DVD, Blu-ray, DVD/Blu-ray ISO to Samsung TV more supported video format. Plus, with the built-in video editor, you can also choose to trim, crop, add watermark to your original videos.
|Note: If you buy Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate now, you can get it at a 20% discount cause Pavtube Studio is holding on Year-End & Christmas Sale. Learn the details here .|
The purchase button of this 20% OFF Pavtube product is here:
How to Convert AVI to Samsung TV compatible formats for playing?
Step 1. Import AVI video files
Launch the Samsung TV AVI Converter. Click “Add File” button to import the .avi files which you like to play on Samsung TV. This software supports batch conversion.
Step 2. Decide output format
Click “Format” bar and choose a compatible format for Samsung TV. “Samsung TV (*.mp4)” from “TVS” is the proper choice.
Step 3. Video, Audio settings
Before start the video conversion for Samsung TV, you can click the Settings icon and adjust the video bitrate, codec, frame rate, audio sample rate, etc parameters.
Step 4. Start AVI to Samsung TV conversion
Click the “Start Conversion” button to start and finish converting AVI to Samsung TV more supported MP4 video. When the conversion is finished, you can click “Open” button to get the generated MP4 files effortlessly.
After finish the AVI to Samsung TV format conversion, simply transfer the converted AVI files to your USB drive and then plug USB key directly into Samsung TV to successfully play AVI on Samsung TV as easy as you play other video files. And you will never meet the following Samsung TV AVI troubleshooting:
- When I try to open .avi on my Samsung TV, only to get error: “File format doesn’t support”.
- I’d like to play my YouTube videos downloaded to my USB on my Samsung LED TV series 5. The error says file not supported. The file format is .avi. I`ve already updated the firmware but still the file is not supported.
- When I try to play AVI on Samsung TV, only get the loading circle and then goes blank (that is no audio and no picture).
- I have a bunch of family videos I shot myself and imported them as raw AVI files. I’m running Plex server on a ReadyNAS Duo v2 and the Samsung Smart Hub client app (2011 D7000 TV). When I try to play the files, I get ‘Unsupported codec’. Any ideas?
- How to Play ISO files on Samsung Smart TV from USB or NAS?
- Play 4K Videos on Samsung KU7500 UHD Smart Curved LED TV
- Convert 2D Blu-ray to MP4 SBS 3D Video for Samsung 3D TV
- Best Blu-ray Ripper Comparison – Rip Blu-ray to Smartphone
- How to Watch 3D ISO to Samsung TV?
- Free Convert MP4 to Divx for Divx Certified Devices