It will be a big challenge to understand the differences between video and audio file formats supported by 4K TV, cause there are tons of video/audio file formats in this world. To help you understand your TV formats, this post has listed the most particular Samsung, LG, Sony TV video/audio formats. You can use MediaInfo or similar tool to identify the container and codec format of the video you want to play on 4K TVs. Now you can check out the list below, by the way, we still prepare a method to help you solve video audio compatibility issues if you fail to play a video on your 4k TV, resort to a video converter for 4K TVs.
Sony 4K TV supported file formats
- Video file extension: .mpg, .mpeg, .vob, .vro, .m2ts, .mts, .ts, .mp4, .avi, .divx, .asf, .wmv, .3gp, .3g2, .mov, .mkv, .rm, .rmvb, .flv, .ogv, .flv.
- Video file formats: MP4, MKV, FLV, MOV, WMV, AVI, VOB, ASF, VRO, TS, 3GP.
- Video codecs: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AVC, DivX, Xvid, H.264, H.265, VP8.
- Audio file formats: WAV, MP3, AAC, WMA.
Samsung 4K TV supported file types
- Video file extensions: .avi, .mkv, .asf, .wmv, .mp4, .mov, .3gp, .vro, .mpg, .mpeg, .ts, .tp, .trp, .mov, .flv, .vob, .svi, .m2ts, .mts, .divx, .webm, .rmvb.
- Video container format: AVI, MKV, ASF, MP4, 3GP, MOV, FLV, VRO, VOB, PS, TS, SVAF.
- Video codecs: H.264 BP/MP/HP, HEVC/H.265, VP9, MPEG 2, MPEG 1, Motion JPEG, DivX, H.263, VP6.
- Audio file formats: Dolby Digital, LPCM, AAC, HE-AAC, WMA, Dolby Digital Plus, MP3, DTS.
Panasonic 4K TV supported file formats:
- Video codecs: H.264, MPEG 1, MPEG 2, MPEG 4, HEVC/H.265, VP8, VP9, DivX.
- Video container formats: MP4, MKV, FLV, 3GP, TS, AVCHD, MOV, AVI.
- Audio format: MP3, AAC, HE-AAC, AC3, DTS, E-AC3, MPEG Audio.
LG 4K TV supported file formats:
- Video file extension: .asf, .wmv, .divx, .avi, .mp4, .m4v, .mov, .3gp, .3g2, .rm, .mkv, .ts, .trp, .tp, .mts, .mpg, .mpeg, .dat, .vob, .rmvb.
- Video container format: MP4, MKV, FLV, MOV, WMV, AVI, ASF, VRO, TS, 3GP.
- Video codecs: DivX, H.264/AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, VP8, VP9, HEVC.
- Audio format: WMA, AAC, MP3, DTS, Dolby Digital.
TCL (Roku) Supported Video Audio File Formats
- Video formats: H.264/AVC (MKV, MP4, MOV), H.262(MKV), H.265/HEVC (MKV, MP4, MOV), VP9 (MKV), H.264 (Roku Premier, Premier +, and Ultra).
- Audio formats: AAC, MP3, WMA, PCM, AC3/EAC3, DTS, ALAC, M4A.
Vizio 4K TVs Compatible Video Audio File Formats
- Video formats: MP4, MKV, FLV, 3GP, TS, AVCHD, MOV, AVI, ASF, WMV.
- Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, HE-AAC, Dolby Digital, WMA, ALAC.
Most Common Video Audio File Formats for 4K TV
From above list, we have collected the most common video audio formats supported by 4K TVs to help you save more time, including Samsung, LG, Sony, TCL, Vizio, Sharp, Toshiba, Philips, Panasonic and others.
- Video container format: MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV, VOB, ASF, WMV, M2TS
- File extension: .mkv, .mp4, .wmv, .avi, .divx, .flv, .vob, .asf, .ts, .mov, .m2ts, .mts
- Video codecs: H.264, H.265, HEVC, VP9, VP8, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, AVC
- Audio format: MP3, AAC, WMA, MAV
Bit rate: 60Mbps.
Frame rate: 30fps or 60fps.
Aspect ratio: Most 4K UHD TVs are made in a rectangular shape, which is 16:9 or 1.78 to 1 aspect ratio. If your video image looks squished, how to do?
There are tons of video formats in this world, the source shot by DJI cameras, footage from iPhone 8/X, downloaded from video sharing sites, like Youtube, render file from non-linear editing software, so it is common when you import the source into your 4k TV but fail to play them, so how to do?
Best Video Converter for 4K TV You May Need
To solve those problems, here comes a professional video converter for 4K TV – Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate | for Mac, which supports input different video and audio formats and output various video, audio and devices. If you are familiar with video format, container and codec, you can directly choose video format, then adjust the video and audio bitrate, frame rate, resolution, channel and more parameters to make the outputed video more fit in your 4k TV. With this feature, you even can compress 4K to 1080p video or upscale lower resolution video to higher resolution video. If you don’t know the video knowledge, you can directly choose iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Android, PS4, TVs and more devices optimized presets. What’ more, you also can convert Blu-ray and DVD to digital files in virtually any format.
Here is a screenshot, you can click "Add video", you also can directly drag or drop video to this program. By the way, batch conversion is also supported.
Then click format bar, here are hundreds of video formats for you to select. Navigate to "TVS" and form its extended list, choose "Samsung TV (*.mp4)" or others you want.
Apart from a Video Converter, Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is also a video editor with rich video editing functions. It can fulfill all the needs of making a professional video for public consumption or simple creativity trying. With it, you can merge separate video clips into one, insert external subtitles to video, add transparent text watermark/image watermark to video, split large video files into small parts, adjust video color brightness, contrast, saturation, remove audio from a video or replace audio in video, trim video footage, crop unwanted area from video, etc.
Most 4K UHD TVs are made in a rectangular shape, which is 16:9 or 1.78 to 1 aspect ratio. If your video image looks squished, you can use the program to change aspect ratio before you play the video on 4K TV.
When you finish all settings, you can go to the main interface, and click "Convert" to start to video to 4K TV covnersion. Wait for a while, click "Open", it will pop up a folder with the generated files. Now yo can play any video on your 4K TV without any obstacles. Good luck. If you want to know more functions about this video, welcome to read this guide.
Any Product-related firstname.lastname@example.org